What are Accounts Receivable duties and responsibilities?
The Accounts Receivable Specialist ensures that all incoming payments are received and processed. Accounts Receivable skills are both highly specialized and in demand.
Accounts Receivable duties include communicating with customers regarding past due invoices and possibly assisting in maintaining the general ledger and generating various accounting statements. Accounts Receivable positions can involve varied tasks suited to a particular industry or vertical.
Accounts Receivable Responsibilities
- Inputs cash receipts.
- Prepares bank deposits.
- Invoices for division.
- Monitors accounts receivable aging for problems. Uses analysis to prepare and maintain problem list report and distributes report to sales personnel as needed.
- Makes customer collection calls regarding past due invoices, overpayments, short pays, and repays.
- Prepares short pay forms, assists in resolving short pay, and records properly approved receivable adjustments.
- Provides proof-of-delivery for shortage claims as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Accounts Receivable Skills and Qualifications
- 1–2 years previous accounting experience
- Proactive problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete work on time.
- Strong organization and communication skills, customer service, and results orientation.
- Ability to work as a cooperative and collaborative member of a professional team.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy.
Looking to fill Accounts Receivable positions? We can help refine Accounts Receivable job descriptions and assist in finding the right candidate.
Looking for new employment opportunities in Accounts Receivable? View open positions here.
ACCOUNTING ROLES WE FILL
- Accounting Managers
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounting Supervisors
- Accounting Support
- Assistant Controllers
- Business Analysts
- ERP Support
- Finance Analysts
- Finance Directors
- Internal Auditors
- Senior Accountants
- Staff Accountants
- VP Finance