What is the role of an Accounts Receivable Specialist?
The Accounts Receivable Specialist processes all incoming payments to the company.
This position includes posting and tracking invoices, touching base with clients about past-due balances, and assisting with specific accounting reports. Positions in accounts receivable may involve a variety of activities tailored to a specific business sector or vertical.
Accounts Receivable Responsibilities:
- Process payments and post to the appropriate invoice.
- Generate and post invoices within accounting software.
- Ensure a timely period close in the processing of accounts receivable.
- Monitor the aging report and distribute to the team accordingly.
- Communicate with account holders as needed.
- Serve as the point person for accounts receivable inquiries.
Accounts Receivable Qualifications:
- 1+ years of demonstrated professional experience in accounting is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent certifications and/or experience.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to problem solve, and a self-starter mentality.
- Exposure to MS Excel and accounting software programs.
Looking for an Accounts Receivable Specialist? As committed partners in recruiting, we can help refine job descriptions and assist you in finding the right candidate for your needs.
Are you looking for new employment opportunities as an Accounts Receivable Specialist? View open positions here.