What is the role of an Assistant Controller?
An Assistant Controller’s responsibility is to assist in stewarding an organization’s financial management. They help with financial reporting, manage budgets, verify adherence to financial regulations, perform financial analyses, and streamline processes. The accuracy of financial records must be upheld. Assistant Controllers are essential in supplying vital information for strategic decision-making.
Assistant Controller Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports, such as income statements and balance sheets.
- Oversee day-to-day accounting processes.
- Participate in the creation of the company budget and financial forecasts.
- Ensure accounting legislation and standards are upheld.
- Perform variance and financial analyses.
- Implement process improvements.
- Support the planning and execution of external audits.
- Keep track of internal procedures and data security measures.
Assistant Controller Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- At least four years of relevant accounting experience.
- Proficiency in accounting software and financial tools.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, laws, and regulations.
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Familiarity with budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Experience with internal controls and compliance.
- Professional certifications (e.g., CPA or CMA) are preferred.
Looking for an Assistant Controller? As committed partners in recruiting, we can help refine job descriptions and assist you in finding the right candidate for your needs.
Are you looking for new employment opportunities as an Assistant Controller? View open positions here.