What does a Controller do?
A Controller manages the company’s daily accounting operations which include accounting, payroll, as well as accounts payables, and receivables, making sure that the overall financial health of the company is viable. As a financial expert, they will deliver valuable insight to the company, provide guidance for the company’s financial decisions, and lead a team that implements the company’s accounting processes.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of private contributions, loans, and government contracts.
- Support operations monthly forecasting and reporting.
- Monitor and maintain overhead budgeting.
- Coordinate monthly financial close.
- Track and coordinate the timely compilation of all audit documentation and related responses.
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation.
- Reconcile, process, and report monthly and quarterly sales and business taxes.
- Monitor and maintain all regional business licenses and any reporting requirements.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field.
- 8+ years of hands-on accounting/analytical experience.
- Strong Financial Management capability.
- High ethical conduct and credibility.
- CPA certification is a plus.
Is your company looking for a Controller? As construction recruiters, we can help you refine your Controller job description and assist you in finding the right candidate for your needs.
Are you looking for new employment opportunities as a Controller? View open positions here.