What does a Finance Director do?
Finance Directors oversee all financial activities and aspects of a company or organization. They are charged with ensuring the stability of a company’s finances. They assess financial markets and identify solutions to any issues that may arise, all while preparing reports for management on the company’s financial status to make important decisions about future investments or budgets accordingly.
The Finance Directors gather necessary financial data and cultivate reports on essential matters such as revenue and budget, provide risk assessments and estimates, implement vital policies, and allocate funds within the company.
Finance Director Responsibilities
- Manage treasury functions considering the inflationary situation and changes in economic patterns to minimize any negative impact they may involve.
- Improve internal controls and operating efficiency by training accountants and converting general ledger reconciliations to GAAP formats.
- Prepare financial data and footnotes for independent CPA annual audit of financial statements.
- Develop financial models to aggregate sales data and allocate expenses for profitability analysis.
- Complete Sarbanes-Oxley procedural requirements for entire administration and reporting processes.
- Create a market-sizing and operational plan for business expansion.
- Streamline the payroll process to increase accuracy and timeliness by implementing controls and improving the time and attendance record keeping process.
- Lead the annual budget consolidation process, including aggregating all global business units.
Finance Director Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field (Master’s preferred).
- Senior financial management experience.
- Strong financial planning and analysis skills.
- Leadership and team management expertise.
- Proficiency in financial software and Excel.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in strategic planning and business development.
- Adaptability to changing business environments.
Looking for a Finance Director? As committed partners in recruiting, we can help refine job descriptions and assist you in finding the right candidate for your needs.
Are you looking for new employment opportunities as a Finance Director? View open positions here.