What Does an HR Manager Do?
Human Resource Managers plan, direct and coordinate the administrative functions of an organization. They oversee recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new staff as well as training for current staff. Human Resource Managers play an important role in strategic planning and serve as a liaison between administrative staff and employees.
BLOG FEATURE: Does your business need an HR Manager?
HR Manager Responsibilities
- Reviews HR policies and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison between managers and candidates.
- Establishes wage recommendations and/or coordinates data/analysis when examining salaries and requests for position modifications, in collaboration with supervisors.
- Advises managers on counseling employees regarding performance issues, morale, and employee recognition.
- Helps with the execution of all aspects of talent management, including but not limited to talent acquisition, development, performance management, and onboarding and engagement.
- Participate in or support projects to ensure timely completion of assigned responsibilities within established constraints.
HR Manager Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience).
- At least 7 years HR functional experience required.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills required; attention to detail a must.
- Demonstrated competence working in all functional areas of Human Resources: PHR or SPHR preferred.
- Strong knowledge of current employment law and government regulations related to HR functions.
- Strong proficiency in MS Suite Office and knowledge of Windows-based HRIS and MS Office applications
Are you seeking an HR Manager for your company or building project? As construction recruiters, we can help you refine your Construction Project Manager job description and assist you in finding the right candidate for your needs.
Are you seeking employment as an HR Manager or other HR roles? View open positions here.