What is the Role of Accounts Payable?
The Accounts Payable role provides administrative and clerical support for the finance team of the company. Those in Accounts Payable positions are responsible for all outgoing money of the company, i.e. payments to vendors and suppliers and other liabilities, as well as keeping records of receipts and documents for the completed payments. Because of this, Accounts Payable skills are highly specialized and in demand.
Accounts Payable Job Responsibilities
- Focus is on all aspects of accounts payable and accounting support.
- Process timely and accurate entry of invoices and payments.
- Process revolving transactions and maintain supporting documentation.
- Process employee expense reports and review requests.
- Administration of invoices, vouchers, disbursements, expense vouchers, and receipts.
- Processing and administration of intercompany transactions.
- Posting and verifying details of funds received and funds disbursed on behalf of the company, ensuring they are entered into the company database and maintained as active records.
- Process general ledger and job cost entries and adjustments.
- Ensure that recurring entries are processed, adjusted, or terminated at appropriate trigger points.
Accounts Payable Skills and Qualifications
- 0–2 years accounting experience.
- Strong organization and communication skills, customer service, and results orientation.
- Ability to work as a cooperative and collaborative member of a professional team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy.
Looking to fill an Accounts Payable role? We can help refine Accounts Payable job descriptions and assist in finding the right candidate.
Looking for new Accounts Payable jobs in Seattle? View open positions here.