What does a Finance Analyst do?
A Finance Analyst is responsible for evaluating a company’s financial data and historical reports to assess investment opportunities and provide accurate financial statements in support of business strategies and company performance predictions.
Aside from preparing financial reports and creating financial models, Finance Analyst duties also include suggesting recommendations to boost operations efficiency and grow revenues. This role is responsible for researching the current market as well as economic trends to adjust budget goals as needed, and manage client portfolios.
Finance Analyst Responsibilities
- Manage customer portfolio to department KPI’s, target balance, aging metrics, cash recovery and write-off tolerance.
- Manage contract database for historical research and financial reporting purposes.
- Accomplish project accounting functions including project costing, time reporting, project accruals and proper capitalization of development costs.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for operating and business performance reviews highlighting volumes, margins, and cost variances.
- Prepare consolidated financial reports and tax schedules for CPA use in preparing corporate income tax returns.
- Record journal entries, reconcile complex ledger accounts as well as financial statement preparation.
- Maintain the integrity of accounts and ledgers and support the external auditing process.
- Monitor monthly capital expenditures and KPI data, compile reporting documents, and present in month-end planning meeting.
Finance Analyst Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in Finance or Accounting.
- Previous financial analysis experience in a related industry is preferred.
- Basic understanding of database and ERP system architecture.
- Advanced Excel and Power BI Skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a team environment to manage projects, including teammate deliverables, with leadership and diplomacy.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical skills, creativity, logical thinking, and resilience.
Looking for a Finance Analyst? As committed partners in recruiting, we can help refine job descriptions and assist you in finding the right candidate for your needs.
Are you looking for new employment opportunities as a Finance Analyst? View open positions here.